28 Feb Ergonomic Mouse – How can it help you and what are the benefits?
Could you be missing out on ergonomic mouse benefits? Not many people realise what a difference an ergonomic mouse can make to them and their health. Such a little everyday device, that many of us just pick up and not give it any other thought, but you will be amazed at the benefits one mouse can make to you.
An ergonomic mouse is one that’s designed to fit the human body in a natural position. It allows you to keep your hands, elbows, wrists, and arms in a natural position. An ergonomic mouse will help you to be more productive, reduce fatigue and prevent common conditions like mouse arm syndrome, carpal tunnel, and RSI.
It’s hard to believe something as simple as switching to an ergonomic mouse can make you more productive and energetic, but it really can make a huge difference to your health.
Here are the top benefits that an Ergonomic Mouse can provide for you:
• Avoids wrist and forearm pronation
• Keeps your wrist and forearm in a natural resting position
• The Handshake position lets you manoeuvre your mouse with your forearm instead of your wrist
• Keeps the underside of your wrist off the desk
• Improve your posture
• Avoid pressure on the wrist
• Reduces unwanted muscle activity
• Eases arthritis pain
• Reduces fatigue
• Protects the median nerve
• More natural grip
• Less effort and energy used
• Suitable for left-handed people
• Suitable for long periods of time
• Saves pain in the wrist and thumb
• Can prevent conditions such as Carpal Tunnel
Do you want more top tips from the DS Office team? Follow our blogs or get in touch with us on 0800 644 0150 so we can help you further.