19 Feb How to sneak exercise into your working day
There is no denying and many of us know this already but do not like to hear it… but regular excise has so many benefits. Many of us will use the excuse of, we are too busy, I’m working too long hours, I cannot get up early and many more. It is all too easy to use these excuses and here are some sneaky tips to get past these and sneak exercise into your working day, so you do not even notice your being more active! Regular exercise can help to keep away health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure and it can also boost your mood and reduce stress levels and often helps you sleep better to feel rested.
Tips to sneak exercise into your working day:
- Rise and shine– As you step out of bed in your pjs, and before you even make your way down the stairs, you can start the morning off with some light stretches and toning moves. You don’t have to do it for long, just 5-10 minutes after you get out of bed and that gives you a fresh motivated start to the morning!
- Walk or bike – Do you find yourself driving a few minutes down the road to drop the kids to school, or to pop to the shops in the morning before work? It doesn’t have to be every day but imagine if you just decided to walk once a week. Its some gentle exercise that you will rarely notice your doing but its all going to help!
- Get active at the desk – Ok so your colleagues may think you have gone a little crazy but there is nothing stopping you from getting some small weights to keep moving whilst working at your desk. You could also get a small pedal under your desk and keep moving whilst working away undisturbed.
- Get up and move around – We can all be sat down too much at our desks and forget to move often when engrossed on tasks. Just remind yourself or set an alarm to stand up, have a stretch, get a drink, move around and keep doing this throughout the day and it’s amazing how this can add up.
- Make the most of your lunch break – Don’t spend lunch at your desk or sitting down again, maybe try and go to the gym for one lunch or a walk nearby to get some fresh air. Its amazing how refreshed you will feel to tackle the rest of the day.
- Set your tech – These days you can get apps and watches or set simple reminders to move more. Set these up on your devices to get up and move more!
Busy modern lives can be an excuse to move less and end up not getting the exercise you need to stay healthy. By just making some small simple changes, you can get moving more and motivate yourself into taking further steps to get healthier. Small steps remember as everyone has to start somewhere.